In David Black’s Canyoneering: A Guide to Techniques for Wet and Dry Canyons, readers learn the hazards and risks of canyoneering, the skills required to gain mastery of canyoneering style and technique, and simple, effective ways to negotiate hazardous terrain. This completed updated, thorough, and to-the-point guide will provide easily understood descriptions of skills used by leading-edge canyoneers and promote simple techniques for solving complex problems. The purpose of this book is to equip canyoneers at all levels with the technical skills they need to enjoy a clean canyoneering experience and avoid dangerous mistakes. This full-color book is the only guide endorsed by the American Canyoneering Association.
Includes information on:
- The right way to apply climbing, caving, and whitewater skills to technical canyoneering
- An explanation of technical canyon ratings
- Simple, effective ways to negotiate hazardous terrain
- Twelve classic canyons in North America and their ratings
- ACA-certified instructors, guides, and guide service